1) "we seek to strengthen the United Nations, to help solve its financial problems, to make it a more effective instrument for peace, to develop it into a genuine world security system—a system capable of resolving disputes on the basis of law"
- JFK, American University Speech, 1963-june-10
2) "I believe that every great corporation has to make money hand over fist. Unless you are profitable, there is no point in playing the game, unless you have the best profitability in the industry, you are not the smartest, Of course, you have to achieve such profits legally, ethically"
- Narayana Murthy, Infosys founding CEO, in his book, Better India Better World, page 165
3) "I am absolutely convinced that no wealth in the world can help humanity forward, even in the hands of the most devoted worker in this cause. The example of great and pure characters is the only thing that can produce fine ideas and noble deeds. Money only appeals to selfishness and always tempts its owners irresistibly to abuse it.
Can anyone imagine Moses, Jesus, or Gandhi armed with the money-bags of Carnegie?"
- Albert Einstein , The World As I See It (1949)
4) "So it ain't money, it ain't sex, it ain't fame. What is it? I say we are all here in this room because we believe. We believe in good and evil, and we choose good. We believe in right and wrong, and we choose right. Our cause is just"
- the recruit 2003 hollywood movie
5) "Time is now the currency"
- In time, hollywood movie 2011
6) "Money is just paper, It represents the value of the gold.
It's what the entire monetary system is based on,
Without the gold, the paper has no value"
- bandidas 2006 hollywood movie
7) "Change in world as result of your work, Priceless!"- Wikileaks MasterCard video Advt
8) Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
- FDR, First Inaugural Address (4 March 1933)
9) "people working for love often surpass those working for money"
- Paul Graham, in his essay, what business can learn from open source, aug 2005
10) "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better"
- barack obama. Speech on the floor of the US Senate in which he opposed raising the US debt limit. (16 March 2006)
11) "Children were dying of measles for lack of a vaccine that cost less than 25 cents, which meant there was a big opportunity to save a lot of lives relatively cheaply"
- Bill Gates, wired.com interview, 2011-nov
12) "There has always been man. And there have always been vampires. Since the beginning, the two have been locked in conflict. The vampire was the hunter and stronger. But the man had the sun"
- Priest 2011 hollywood movie
13) "President of USA: Dan, we didn't see this thing (asteroid/disaster) coming?
NASA cheif Truman: Well, our object collision budget's about a million dollars a year. That allows us to track about three percent of the sky"
- Armageddon 1998 hollywood movie
14) question - What is something that needs to be changed in the world, but money wont help?
bill gates - It would be nice if all governments were as rational as the Nordic governments - reaching compromise and providing services broadly.
( source - reddit.com's ask me anything by bill gates in 2014)
15) "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with"
- The Dark Knight 2008 hollywood movie
16) "For sustainability we need to use profit incentives wherever we can. At the same time, profits are not always possible when business tries to serve the very poor. In such cases there needs to be another incentive, and that incentive is recognition. Recognition enhances a company's reputation and appeals to customers; above all, it attracts good people to an organization. As such, recognition triggers a market-based reward for good behavior. In markets where profits are not possible, recognition is a proxy; where profits are possible, recognition is an added incentive"
- bill gates, speech at world economic forum, davos, 2008-jan-24
17) "Here we are. The Dark Planet (planet earth): A remote M-class planet located 400 light-years, A strange and terrifying environment, the only known world in which evolution is taking place in reverse. It began with intelligent, attractive beings, but was soon overrun by ugly, aggressive and quite terrifying dim-witted creatures. As you can see, from gentle intelligence to savage stupidity. They have a strange custom of dividing themselves into what they call countries, whose boundaries they often dispute, which causes them to go to war. The pattern seems to be that the winner of the war then goes into decline while the loser prospers. We have also deduced that the people of this planet choose leaders according to the oddity and profusion of their facial hair. They worship money"
- escape from planet earth 2013, cartoon film
18) "Vision to Ultron: Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites, and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that"
- avengers age of ultron 2015 (Meaning- There is no grace in failing to make money by doing greater good)
19) "Money is not this institution's primary medium of exchange" - international 2009 film
20) Its about community, but not about currency